Last updated March 12, 2020
Welcome to www.nhlpa.com/!
This website, www.nhlpa.com (“Website”), is operated by Hockey Ventures (Canada) Inc. (“Hockey Ventures”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Hockey League Players’ Association (“NHLPA”, and together with Hockey Ventures, “us”, “we” or “our”).
- Use of this Website.
- Accuracy of Information.
We attempt to ensure that information on this Website is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of any information on this Website. We reserve the right to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person.
- Intellectual Property.
All materials published or otherwise accessible through this Website, including, but not limited to, news articles, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, software and other materials (“Content”) are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by the NHLPA or the party credited as the owner or provider of the Content. All visitors shall abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through this Website. This Website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to Canadian copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, publication, transmission, transfer, sale, distribution, performance, display or exploitation of any of the Content or of this Website, whether in whole or in part, without our express written permission is prohibited. NHLPA and the NHLPA logo are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League Players’ Association. Nothing contained on this Website grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, copyright, service marks, logos, rights of personality/publicity or other intellectual property displayed on this Website without the written permission of us or the applicable owner. Your use of this Website does not give you any ownership or other rights in this Website or its Content.
- Linking to this Website.
Links to this Website without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. To request permission to link to this Website, please send an email to email@example.com. Any permitted links to this Website must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We reserve the right to cancel and revoke any permission we give to link to this Website at any time and without any notice or liability.
- Links to Other Websites.
- Inappropriate Material.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law, including but not limited to, submitting any content to this Website that infringes any third party intellectual property rights. This Website must not be used to solicit customers or sell products or services. In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal of the related materials from this Website. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- General Disclaimers.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, WHERE IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT: (I) THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE REGARDING THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING ITS CURRENCY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY OR SECURITY; AND (II) AS A SERVICE TO USERS OF THIS WEBSITE, WE INCLUDE LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES THAT WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, AND MAKE NO ENDORSEMENTS OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, BUSINESS PRACTICES, CONTENT OR APPROPRIATENESS OF CONTENT ON SUCH WEBSITES AND YOU HEREBY IRREOVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO SUCH WEBSITES. FURTHER, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT (A) THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE AND/OR SOFTWARE; (B) THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (C) COMMUNICATIONS TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE AND/OR NOT INTERCEPTED; (D) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (E) THIS WEBSITE, OR THE SERVERS UPON WHICH IT RESIDES, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, DISABLING DEVICES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- Limitations of Liability.
We do not assume any responsibility, nor will we be liable, for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Website, or your downloading of any Content from this Website. IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OR ANY OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS WEBSITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INDLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, RELIANCE UPON OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE, OR THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL SUCH WEBSITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEBSITE.
- Background Information.
In order to use some of the services offered through this Website, you may be required to register by providing certain information about yourself, including your name and e-mail address. In consideration of your use of such services which require registration, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested in connection with the provision of and/or registration for any of the services, subject to all applicable laws. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not current, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not current, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your password and refuse any and all current or future use of the services and/or this Website.
- User Password and Security.
You will choose your own password upon completing the registration process for use of the specific services that require registration. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You agree to notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your password, or if at any time your password is, or you believe it has been, lost, stolen, disclosed, or otherwise compromised. You acknowledge and agree that we will not have any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
- User Conduct.
You agree that in connection with your use of this Website, the Content and any services offered through this Website, you will not:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or link to any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of anyone's privacy, hateful, fraudulent, pornographic, profane, offensive, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, discloses personal or private matters or information concerning any person, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying this Website or its Content, or exposes us or this Website’s users to any harm or liability of any type, in each case as determined by us in our sole discretion, as the case may be;
- intimidate or harass another user through either affirmative or passive means (offenders risk suspension and/or banishment from this Website, as each user is solely responsible for his or her interactions with other users);
- post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute; wish illness or injury on any NHLPA members or on other Website users; or harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from any services offered by this Website or this Website itself by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses, worms, "Trojan Horses," or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- interfere with or disrupt this Website, the services offered by this Website, the Content or servers or networks connected to this Website, the services offered through this Website or the Content, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this Website, the services offered through this Website or the Content; or intentionally or unintentionally violate, or encourage the violation of, any applicable local, state, provincial, federal, national or international law.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and other Website users, and to resolve said disputes any way in which we see fit.
Do not forget that when using any public forum offered via any website, your profile and posts of any kind (e.g. blogs, photos, videos, comments) are public. Refrain from posting anything you wouldn't want the world to know (e.g., your phone number, address, screen names, or specific whereabouts), and keep in mind that anything you post can be viewed by anyone - parents, extended family, teachers, boss, etc.
- Advertisers and Vendors.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and vendors found on or through the services offered through this Website or this Website itself, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser and/or vendor. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or vendors on this Website or in connection with the Content and/or services offered through this Website. All of your business dealings with vendors and advertisers appearing on this Website or in connection with the Content and/or services offered through this Website shall be at your sole risk.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction.
You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Website at any time, for any reason or for no reason, without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access this Website. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Website at any time without notice.
- Entire Agreement.
- Additional Assistance.