Player of the Week - Brandon Dubinsky
In 77 games last year, Brandon posted the best statistics of his career in a number of categories.
Entering his fifth NHL season with the New York Rangers, forward Brandon Dubinsky has a lot to build off of. Since being drafted 60th overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, the 25-year-old Anchorage, AK native has steadily developed in each of his four seasons on Broadway, posting improved career numbers every year. In 77 games last year, Brandon posted the best statistics of his career in a number of categories – goals (24), assists (30), & points (54) – which was good enough to put him atop New York’s team leaders in each. Dubinsky, always a gritty player as well, also broke triple-digits in penalty minutes, with his 100 PIMs ranking third on the team, behind Brandon Prust and Sean Avery. A bit of a Swiss Army knife with his all-around abilities, Brandon will be plying his trade in New York for the next four years, having avoided arbitration with the Rangers last week by signing a four-year, $16.8 million contract. A key, homegrown building block, it was pivotal for the Rangers to bring back such a key component, especially one that balances his unique blend of skills with high character and the willingness to do anything to help the club win.
- Looking to build off his 2010-11 season that saw him post career-best totals in the goals (24), assists (30), & points (54) categories
- Re-signed with the Rangers this past week, avoiding salary arbitration; his new four-year/ $16.8 Million deal will keep him playing at MSG through 2014-15
- Has tallied 179 points in 316 career NHL regular season games – all with the Rangers – and 15 points in 22 career playoff contests
- Born in Anchorage, Alaska, USA on April 29, 1986
- Drafted in the 2nd round, 60th overall by the New York Rangers in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft
- Has played in at least 77 regular season games in three out of his four NHL seasons
- Played his entire four-year junior career with the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL; he then played in the minors with the Hartford Wolfpack before joining the Rangers full-time in the 2007-08 season
- Was selected to participate in the 2008 YoungStars game, winning the game's MVP in the process